Questions: 85 (Multiple Choice)
French: Oct., Dec., Jan., May, and June
French with Listening: November
- Knowledge of words representing different parts of speech and some basic idioms within culturally authentic contexts.
- Ability to select an appropriate word or expression that is grammatically correct within a sentence. One part of the test contains vocabulary and structure questions embedded in longer paragraphs.
- Understanding of such points as the main and supporting ideas, themes, and setting of a passage. Selections are drawn from fiction, essays, historical works, newspaper and magazine articles, and everyday materials such as advertisements, timetables, forms, and tickets.
- (French with Listening Only) Ability to understand spoken language to identify what is presented in a picture or photograph, and what is being said in short and long dialogues or monologues.
- 3–4 years of study in high school or the equivalent.
- Gradual development of competence in French over a period of years.
- Review of sample listening questions using a Subject Test with Listening practice CD that your counselor can order from the College Board.
|CONTENT||% of Test|
|Vocabulary in context||30%|
French with Listening
|CONTENT||% of Test||Topics|
|Listening section||35%||Pictures, 8–12 questions
Identify the sentence that most accurately describes what is presented in a picture or photograph.
|Short dialogues, 6–12 questions
Answer general content questions based on short dialogues or monologues.
|Long dialogues, 10–15 questions
Answer more specific questions based on longer dialogues or monologues
|Reading section||65%||Vocabulary, 16–20 questions|
|Structure, 16–20 questions|
|Reading comprehension, 20–25 questions|
|The Official Study Guide for ALL SAT Subject Tests||College Board||2nd||January 4, 2016||978-1259584091||$11.65|
|The Official SAT Subject Tests in U.S. & World History Study Guide||College Board||August 8, 2006||978-0874477696||$11.44|
|SAT Subject Test World History||Barron's||September 1, 2015||978-1438005263||$10.95|
|Cracking the SAT World History Subject Test||Princeton Review||December 9, 2014||978-0804125741||$12.30|
|SAT Subject Test World History||Kaplan||2015-2016||March 3, 2015||$12.99|
Oh bother! No topics were found here!